Joint or sole child custody, "legal custody and physical placement," may be awarded based on the best interests of the child and the following:
- The preference of the child.
- The wishes of the parents.
- The child's adjustment to his or her home, school, religion, and community.
- The mental and physical health of all individuals involved.
- The relationship of the child with parents, siblings, and other significant family members.
- Any findings or recommendations of a neutral mediator.
- The availability of childcare.
- Any history of spouse or child abuse.
- Any significant drug or alcohol abuse.
- Whether 1 parent is likely to unreasonably interfere with the child's relationship with the other parent.
- Any parenting plan or other written agreement between the spouses regarding the child.
- The amount of quality time that each parent has spent with the child in the past.
- Any changes that a parent proposes in order to spend more time with the child in the future.
- The age of the child and the child's developmental and educational needs.
- The cooperation and communication between the parents and whether either parent unreasonably refuses to cooperate with the other.
- The need for regularly-occurring and meaningful periods of physical placement in order to provide predictability and stability for the child.
- Any other factors except the sex and race of the parent.
[Based on Wisconsin Statutes; Section 767.41]
|How Can I Get Wisconsin Child Custody Help?|
- Download The How to Win Child Custody E-Book. Get exclusive child custody information and strategies to enhance your child custody case -- to download now click here.
- Schedule a Coaching Appointment. See below for details on how to schedule a one-on-one coaching session to discuss your situation with me -- Steven Carlson, Child Custody Coach®.
- Consult a Wisconsin Child Custody Lawyer. If you need legal advice you'll want to consult a Wisconsin child custody lawyer to learn where you stand legally and what your legal options are.
- Child Custody Coach™ Newsletter. Sign up and receive our unique online newsletter designed to provide useful tips and practical information -- to sign up now click here.
|Phone Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
The phone coaching sessions are designed so you can have a fast, efficient, and economical way of scheduling a coaching session to discuss your child custody, child custody evaluation, and/or divorce related matter via telephone in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Phone coaching is flexible and allows you the opportunity to request an appointment before work, after work, or on a weekend or at any time that is convenient for you. The phone coaching session can often be scheduled and take place the same day payment is made and forms are received for those seeking immediate coaching. For full details about fees and how to get started click here.
|In-Person Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
The in-person coaching sessions are designed for parents who prefer face-to-face meetings and are held in Orange County California. Southern California residents in Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura, Long Beach, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego will often request to discuss their matters with me in-person. In-person coaching sessions are held in the Mission Viejo area or Costa Mesa area in South Orange County California and are an option made available to persons who can travel to one of these two locations. For full details about fees and how to get started click here.
|Monthly Coaching with Child Custody Coach®|
Monthly coaching is designed to provide ongoing coaching and support throughout the month and provides for an economical way of receiving such support on matters such as divorce, child custody, move-aways, post-judgment modifications, child custody evaluations, etc. Fees are known up front so there are no surprises. This also allows you to choose the plan that is right for you and also works within your budget. Weekly coaching sessions and email communications allow you to discuss your child custody matters, developments, and results regularly throughout the month. For full details on fees and how to get started click here.